Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beware of the Dog

So we are on the final count down, 13 days and I will be back in the states... a horrible yet welcoming thought. So I've got a couple of stories that are just prime. Last Sabbath T.C., Angela and I decided after church to go to the Garden of Gethsemane for an hour or two. Well getting there the long way requires hills and it was hot and I didn't want to sweat (which is impossible) in my nice sunday dress so we decided to take a short cut. This short cut leads you down a small dirt "mountain" to a rock wall then to the downward slopped road to Gethsemane (cuts like at least 10 minutes off the walk) So we go have a wonderful time and decided to head back around 3, being the adventures or (impatient both work) Americans we are we decided this time instead of walking back up the hill we'd just climb the wall and walk up, so climbing the wall no big deal other then the honks from the cars we got which is normal. We just over and begin our climb, passing through a mans front yard to the mountain side we needed to be on we see a sign that says BEWARE OF THE DOG and we kept walking, two dogs start barking and we look over seeing they are chained to the tree I mean when you have a sign that says beware dog you think there is one maybe two so we thought we were clear... we keep walking then I feel angela on my side stiffen, she turns and just starts booking it down the hill back to the wall to the road, I look up and see this huge police dog trotting our way barking a bark that well was cause for a choice word then T.C. and I turned around and I had the Iron grip on his wrist as he kept saying "keep walking keep walking keep walking" well I wasn't walking I was hopping/walking/running. We get out to the road and turn around to see the man had come out of his house and he was just laughing and waved.
That was adventure #1 the next day was adventure #2
A group of us went to the dome of the rock and for some reason it was super busy (one thing about things being busy is there is always language barriers... I hate language barriers. so as we are walking in I walk through a crowd of tourists and notice a 100 shekel note on the ground (thats like 35ish dollars) so I pick it up and ask the man next to me if it is his... Greedy little greed man takes it asks his friends then just sepaks to me in a different language trying to get the note in his pocket all the while he is shaking his head like it's not his... so Sharla took the note and said we'd go turn it in... I walk it over to the security guards and tell them I found it and would like to turn it in. Their response?? laughing.... I got laughed at by every security guard that came and saw, I swear they were calling each other over on the radio because it happened a lot. They told me I was a good girl and couldn't beleive I didn't keep it. They took my information and said if no one had claimed it in 3 months it was mine (I fully expect that 100 shek piece to come to me in the mail in Idaho or Utah; highly doubt it though)
More adventures have come and gone since then but those two really stood out in my mind as something to share with you all.. Again I'm too lazy to sit here and wait for pictures to load so you'll get em later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment